Varun Dhawan Comes Out In Support Of Priyanka Chopra Over Dress Row
Coming out in support of Priyanka Chopra, who is facing backlash for wearing a short dress while meeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Varun Dhawan said everyone must be proud of the actress.
File photo of Varun Dhawan and Priyanka Chopra.
Mumbai: Coming out in support of Priyanka Chopra, who is facing backlash for wearing a "short" dress while meeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Varun Dhawan said everyone must be proud of the actress.
Priyanka, who met Modi in Berlin yesterday, uploaded a picture of hers with the PM on social media, where she was trolled for wearing a knee-length dress that showed her legs.
The 34-year-old model-turned-actress was in Berlin to promote her debut Hollywood film Baywatch.
"She is someone we all should be proud of in our country...she is making our country proud abroad. All this is very stupid and social media trolling is not something that needs to become a national issue," Varun said.
The Main Tera Hero star was talking on the sidelines of an event here.
Apparently unfazed by the trolling, the Quantico actress today posted a picture of her and her mother wearing a short dress and captioned it: "Legs for the day..."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Your New Apple iPhone 11 Could Cost As Little as Rs 51,700 With Amazon Preorder Offers
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected