'Veerana' Director Tulsi Ramsay Passes Away at 77
Tulsi Ramsay, known for directing cult horror films like 'Veerana', 'Purani Haveli' and 'Bandh Dawaza'.
A file photo of veteran filmmaker Tulsi Ramsay.
Tulsi Ramsay, known for directing cult horror films like Veerana, Purani Haveli and Bandh Dawaza, passed away Friday. He was 77.
The filmmaker died in a city hospital Mumbai.
"He complained of chest pain and his son Deepak took him to Kokilaben Hospital. He was declared dead at the hospital. He passed away at about 2.30 am," a family member of Ramsay's told PTI.
For the longest time in Indian cinema, the Ramsay Brothers ruled the horror genre by making low budget cult movies, which were widely popular for unique mix of horror and erotica.
Tulsi Ramsay, was the son of F U Ramsay and was one of the seven brothers.
He also directed films like "Do Gaz Zameen Ke Niche", "Hotel", "Purana Mandir", and the popular '90s TV series, "Zee Horror Show".
Follow @news18movies for more
Recommended For You
- Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill 2019 Passed: Here's a Complete List of Revised Traffic Violation Fines
- Move Over PUBG, Indian Air Force is Releasing a Mobile Game Complete with 'Gunslinger Moustache'
- PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Beta Update: New UI, Helicopters, Zombie Mode Update and More
- Best and Worst Day of my Cricketing Life – Guptill Looks Back at World Cup Final
- Fact Check: Did the 'Sun Baby' from Teletubbies Just Have a Baby of Her Own?