Vicky Kaushal Embarks on Uri Journey
Actor Vicky Kaushal on Friday started shooting for his upcoming film "Uri".
Image: Instagram/Vicky Kaushal
Actor Vicky Kaushal on Friday started shooting for his upcoming film Uri.
The actor, who is riding high on the success of Raazi, took to Twitter to share an update about his next project.
"Day 1. Uri. Aditya Dhar, Ronnie Screwvala, Yami Gautam, Paresh Rawal, Kirti Kulhari and Mohit Raina," he posted.
The actor also shared an image of the film's clapboard in front of the Indian flag.
Vicky didn't share the location, but his co-star Yami Gautam had said that the first schedule will be shot in Serbia.
The film, directed by Aditya Dhar, is based on the Uri attack of September 2016.
In September 18, 2016, terrorists from Pakistan attacked a military base in Uri in Jammu and Kashmir leaving 19 Indian soldiers dead. Eleven days later, the Indian Army retaliated with a series of surgical strikes on terrorist camps across the border.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lata Mangeshkar is Stable and Getting Better, Don’t react to Rumours: Spokesperson
- FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Doungel Scores in Injury Time to Help India Draw With Afghanistan
- Hong Kong Open: PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap Crash Out in Second Round
- Shashi Tharoor Made Indians Google ‘Recalcitrance’ After His First-ever Stand up Act
- Very Few World Class Bowlers in Test Cricket Now: Sachin Tendulkar