Vijay Sethupathi to Play 96-Year-Old In 96
Being directed by Prem Kumar, the film 96 also stars Trisha, Kaali Venkat and Aadukalam Murugadoss.
A file photo of Vijay Sethupathi, Madonna.
Chennai: After playing a ruthless gangster in Tamil crime-drama Vikram Vedha, actor Vijay Sethupathi, known for his experimentation streak, will be seen playing a 96-year-old man in his upcoming Tamil romantic-drama 96.
"It's not a full-length role. He will be seen playing a 96-year-old character very briefly. The story tracks three phases in the life of Vijay Sethupathi, who will be seen playing a 16-year-old, 36-year-old and 96-year-old," said a source from the film's unit.
Being directed by Prem Kumar, the film also stars Trisha, Kaali Venkat and Aadukalam Murugadoss.
This is not the first time Vijay will be seen playing an older character.
In Orange Mittai, his home production, he played a 50-something role.
The shoot of 96 is currently underway in Puducherry.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Motorola TV With Android TV 9.0 Launched: Price, Features, and More
- The Sky Is Pink Early Reviews: Priyanka Chopra Film Gets 4-minute Standing Ovation at TIFF
- OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications Leak Claims to Reveal All New Features
- Malaika Arora Poses in Black Sequin Jumpsuit, Sizzles Like Star Girl Even at 45
- A Pakistani Pop-Singer is Facing Legal Action for Threatening PM Modi with Snakes