Was Offered $500,000 To Join Donald Trump's Presidential Campaign: 50 Cent
50 Cent has claimed that Donald Trump's team had offered him $500,000 to make an appearance in his presidential campaign.
File photo of US President Donald Trump. (Reuters)
Los Angeles: Rapper 50 Cent has claimed that Donald Trump's team had offered him $500,000 to make an appearance in his presidential campaign.
The rapper revealed about the proposal during an interview this week with US radio station Hot 97, reported The Guardian.
The musician-actor was discussing the Trump administration when he mentioned the US President's proposal. He said that he believed it was motivated by a desire to appeal to black voters.
"Before he got elected, they were having issues with the African-American vote," said the rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson.
"They wanted to pay me $500,000 as part of the campaign just to make an appearance."
Jackson revealed that he turned down the offer, as it would have spoilt his reputation.
"I was like, ‘Nah, that's not good money'," he said, adding: "That's not worth it!"
Earlier, 50 Cent also shared his thoughts on Trump on US chat show The View, saying "we gotta get rid of him".
He is currently enjoying success with Netflix's crime thriller Power, which he has produced and stars in as drug dealer Kanan Starks.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 19 Written Update: Rashami Desai Reveals She had Issues with Sidharth Shukla
- Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar Share Vacation Pictures from Iceland
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football