Watch: Srijit Mukherji's latest 'Rajkahini' tells a gripping tale of the India-Bangladesh partition
National Award winning director Srijit Mukherji's latest film 'Rajkahini' is a grim reminder of the hefty price two countries and millions of people had to pay to get freedom.
National Award winning director Srijit Mukherji's latest film 'Rajkahini' is a grim reminder of the hefty price two countries and millions of people had to pay to get freedom. The film deals with the sub-altering history of India-Bangladesh partition. A history, not of important meetings and agreements, politicians of the Indian National Congress and Muslim League, but of the common people and the marginalized section of the society who bore the brunt of the tragedy. The trailer of 'Rajkahini' has been launched at the stroke of midnight between August 14 and 15, for the film's background represents the temporal border between two nations, and how it led to the birth of India and (east) Pakistan. Featuring some of the biggest actors of Bengal film industry, including Rituparna Sengupta, Parno Mitra, Abir Chatterjee, Saswata Chatterjee and Jisshu Sengupta, the film is scheduled to release in October, during Durga Puja.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- I-League 2019-20 Fixtures Announced: Full List of Matches
- Parth Samthaan Denies Dating Erica Fernandes, Says 'Not Aware of These Rumours'
- Ever Wondered How Old Your Dog Really Is? This Formula Could Help You Calculate Accurately
- Kriti Kharbanda Confirms Dating Pulkit Samrat, Says Wanted Parents to Know First
- Not Thinking About Revenge against Oman in FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Sunil Chhetri