We Should Be Inspired by Iranian Cinema: Rahul Bose
Rahul Bose says Indian filmmakers should seek inspiration from Iranian cinema and learn the art of making movies under specific time-bound restrictions.
A file photo of Rahul Bose.
Mumbai: Actor-filmmaker Rahul Bose says Indian filmmakers should seek inspiration from Iranian cinema and learn the art of making movies under specific time-bound restrictions.
"We should be inspired by the world-class Iranian cinema which is made with 99-restrictions but has never come in the way of creating quality global content," Rahul said in a statement.
Rahul, whose last directorial Poorna played out for around 145 minutes, added: "There's always a way, there's always a creative way that you can use and people will not understand the problems you went through."
The actor, who conducted a master class with Media Konnect (a global exchange platform) in association with MET - IMM, Bandra last week, also shared that it was challenging to find "an efficient team" for Poorna - which narrates the story of the youngest girl in the world to scale Mount Everest.
After the success of Poorna, Rahul wants to make movies for the global audience.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shashi Tharoor Slams Pakistan's 'Vituperative Mudslinging', Twitter Brings Out Dictionary
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First
- Only 4 Teams Turn Up as Goa Football Association Conducts Players Draft for Indian Women's League Qualifiers
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- Google Assistant Bug is Causing Battery Drain in Android Phones