When Vidya Balan Fell In Love With Shabana Azmi Starrer Arth
The film's actresses Shabana and Smita completely blew her mind as well.
Image: Yogen Shah
Mumbai: Actress Vidya Balan, known for portraying strong-willed characters, reminisced the moment when she watched the 1982 film Arth, starring Shabana Azmi and Smita Patil. She "just fell in love" with it.
"I was in the middle of my 12th exams. I had a history exam and I was really not interested in the exam and happened to switch on the TV. I saw 'Arth' and just fell in love with what I saw.
"I loved the fact that this woman in the end of the film walked away saying 'What if I was the one who had done this, would you have accepted me?' He says 'No'. And she walks away. That blew my mind. I have never seen that," Vidya said on the CNN-News18's show Virtuosity.
The film's actresses Shabana and Smita "completely blew" her mind as well.
"In one viewing, I knew the dialogues of the films. I knew moments from the films so while I was studying I would go up to my friend's terrace and study... sometimes in the open, but what actually I was doing there was enacting scenes from 'Arth'," she added.
The episode, featuring Vidya, will be aired on Saturday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rani Mukerji Says Mardaani 2 to Release Without Promotional Songs
- 'What is Article 370?' Becomes Most Searched Term by Indians on Google in 2019
- India’s Personal Data Protection Bill is Heading For Review: Everything You Must Know
- Love Has 'Nose' Limits: Picture Of Two-Toed Sloths 'Taking It Slow' Goes Viral
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders