Why Amitabh Bachchan Doesn't Want 75th Birthday Celebrations
Amitabh Bachchan wrote on his blog that he doesn't want to celebrate his 75th birthday.
File photo of Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan.
Mumbai: Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who will turn 75 in October, says he won't allow, acknowledge or endorse any celebration for his milestone birthday.
Amitabh will turn a year older on October 11.
On his blog, he wrote: "Many threaten and plan the 75th celebration of my birth. May it be known that there shall be no such event, allowed or even acknowledged. May it be known that if there is such move by others, they must withdraw from it for I shall never acknowledge or endorse such... Be it family or Ef (extended family) or any other... it is not going to be with any consent.
"It shall only drive me to some isolated unknown location which shall never be known by any. Period!"
The actor who came to be known as Bollywood's Angry Young Man and Shahanshah has had a successful career, which is going strong even at this age. He has Thugs of Hindostan and 102 Not Out in his film kitty, and he will also be seen as the host of game show Kaun Banega Crorepati.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bose Frames Review: Music And More, These Are Not Your Standard Sunglasses
- Trailers This Week: Robert Downey Jr, Tom Holland Reunite for Dolittle, Anurag Kashyap Unveils India’s First Spaceship Sci-fi
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring