Won't Go Forward With Grey's Anatomy Without Ellen Pompeo: Shonda Rhimes
The 47-year-old writer-producer spoke to E! News over the weekend as the cast and crew celebrated the show's landmark 300th episode.
Image: A still from Grey's Anatomy.
Los Angeles: Grey's Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes said it will be curtains down for the popular hospital drama if lead actress Ellen Pompeo decides to leave the show.
The 47-year-old writer-producer spoke to E! News over the weekend as the cast and crew celebrated the show's landmark 300th episode, which airs today.
"Ellen and I have a pact that I'm going to do the show as long as she's going to do the show. So the show will exist as long as both of us want to do it. If she wants to stop, we're stopping.
"So I don't know if we'll see 600, but I want to keep it feeling fresh. As long as there are fresh stories to tell and as long as we're both excited about the stories being told, we're in. So, we'll see where that takes us," Rhimes said.
The show, which is in its 14th season, premiered on March 27, 2005, with Pompeo in the title role of Meredith Grey.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Renault Kwid Electric Launched In China at Rs 6.22 Lakh, Gets 271Km Electric Range
- Section 375 Movie Review: Akshaye Khanna, Richa Chadha's Performances Make for Compelling Courtroom Drama
- The Largest Flying Dinosaur Was the Size of a Plane, Find Scientists
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws
- Irrfan Khan is in Mumbai After Undergoing Surgery, Confirms Spokesperson