Won't Rest Till I Make Sequels of Aayirathil Oruvan and Pudhupettai: Selvaraghavan
Selvaraghavan is currently busy shooting for Santhanam-starrer Tamil romantic-comedy "Mannavan Vanthanadi".
File photo of Selvaraghavan.
Chennai: Filmmaker Selvaraghavan on Friday said he won't rest until he makes the sequels to two of his critically-acclaimed Tamil films - Aayirathil Oruvana and Pudhupettai.
Replying to a Twitter user's tweet on how much he loved 2010 Tamil adventure film "Aayirathil Oruvan", Selvaraghavan replied: "I'm just 42-year-old. I won't rest till I make 'Aayirathil Oruvan 2' and 'Pudhupettai 2'."
Karthi-starrer Aayirathil Oruvan, though a box-office dud, was considered much ahead of its time.
The film tracks the story of the last successor of Chola emperor from the perspective of an archaeologist, a coolie and an intelligence officer.
"Pudhupettaia, on the other hand, is the story of the rise and fall of a gangster and starred Dhanush in the lead.
Over the last couple of years, Selvaraghavan on several occasions has hinted that Pudhupettai 2 is in the offing.
Selvaraghavan is currently busy shooting for Santhanam-starrer Tamil romantic-comedy Mannavan Vanthanadi, while he awaits the release of Tamil horror-thriller Nenjam Marappathillai.
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies | Bhuvneshwar Back to Bowling, Unlikely to Return for West Indies Clash
- 'I am Fine, Recovering & Should Be Back to My Hotel Room Soon' - Brian Lara
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Have 'Officially' Parted Ways: Report
- All About IAF Mirage-2000 Fighter Jet: India's Hero in Kargil War 20 Years Ago and Now at Balakot
- One Pilot Dead, Other Ejected Safely After 2 Eurofighter Jets Crashed in Germany
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s