Yami Gautam: Every Film Has Different Economics, Can’t Be Compared Just by Box Office Numbers
Yami Gautam was last seen alongside Vicky Kaushal in Uri: The Surgical Strike.
With Uri: The Surgical Strike crossing the Rs 200 crore mark, actress Yami Gautam, who plays an intelligence officer in the film, believes monetary success gives recognition but the long-time impact boils down to the content.
"I feel both good content and great box office go hand in hand. Of course, if the film you are a part of becomes a success by its numbers, then you are given a certain amount of recognition. But I feel it all transpires what the film was about and what kind of content it represents," Yami said.
The gritty drama, which traces the real-life events of the 2016 Uri attack and its aftermath, features Vicky Kaushal in the lead role. The film released on January 11, and is continuing to draw in audiences.
"Uri had great content which drove people to the theatres week after week. And it's amazing to see these numbers, not to be part of any club but just to know that people have over these weeks gone to see the film, even till date, almost a month after its release.
"Overall from a career perspective, box office numbers till the time they are genuine returns to the producers, is when there's a true impact. Every film has different economics and no two films can be compared to each other simply by the extent of its box office only," Yami added.
Besides Vicky and Yami, the film also features Paresh Rawal, Kirti Kulhari and debutante Mohit Raina. The film has been directed by Aditya Dhar and it has been produced by Ronnie Screwvala.
Follow @News18Movies for more.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt Shares BTS Video of Her Moving into Her Own Home in New YouTube Vlog
- Hot New Addition: NASA to Grow First Fruit on International Space Station
- Amazon Beauty Presents Vanity Diaries | Episode 3- Discover Tamannaah’s Love For Bling And Everything In Between
- He Gives Me So Much Respect, Sometimes I Feel Embarrassed, Says Kareena Kapoor on Diljit Dosanjh
- OnePlus 7 Pro is Getting The OxygenOS 9.5.10 Update, And Now we Know Why 9.5.9 Went Missing