ZEE5 to Make Web Series on Ruskin Bond's Popular Ghost Stories
The show’s first episode will premiere on January 15, following which one story will be released each month till June.
File image of writer Ruskin Bond.
Over-the-top (OTT) platform ZEE5 is coming up with a new web series based on Ruskin Bond’s ghost stories. Titled Parchayee—Ghost Stories by Ruskin Bond, it will depict 12 of Bond’s popular stories.
"Whenever I run out of people to write about, I cook up a few ghosts or they appear before me. I am happy that my stories are coming alive for the first time on a digital platform and I look forward to watching them. I hope my readers will enjoy the series," Bond said.
Produced by Banijay Asia and Opus Communication, the show’s first episode will premiere on January 15, following which one story will be released each month till June.
The first four episodes, based on stories The Ghost in the Garden, The Wind on Haunted Hill, Wilson's Bridge and The Overcoat, will be directed by VK Prakash and Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury.
Manish Aggarwal, Business Head at ZEE5 India, said, "We are introducing a fresh concept with an edgy and mysterious theme for viewers. Through this, we will be attracting a new set of audience to the platform, loyal readers who have grown up on a staple diet of Ruskin's books. The show is set to take the twisted game of secrecy, thrill and mystery to a whole new level and drive engagement with 12 fascinating tales."
Follow @News18Movies for more.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Shares Her Chennai Shopping List for Ranveer Singh, Fans Tag Her as #WifeyGoals
- Panga Vs Street Dancer 3D Box Office Collection Day 2: Word of Mouth Works in Favour of Kangana Ranaut's Film
- Donald Trump's New Space Force Logo is Eerily Similar to Star Trek's Starfleet Command
- Republic Day 2020: A Look at the Fighter Jet Fleet of the IAF: Rafale, Tejas, Sukhoi and More
- Twitter Brings Tricolor India Gate Emoji to Mark 71st Republic Day