Zoya Akhtar's 'Gully Boy' to Have World Premiere at Berlin Film Festival
'Gully Boy', starring Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt and Kalki Koechlin, has been selected as part of the Berlinale Special programme.
Alia Bhatt on the sets of Zoya Akhtar's 'Gully Boy' in Mumbai Railway Station. (Image: Viral Bhayani)
Zoya Akhtar's Gully Boy, starring Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt and Kalki Koechlin, will have its world premiere at the 69th Berlin International Film Festival.
The first nine films chosen for the Competition and the Berlinale Special of the gala were announced via statement on Thursday.
"Gully Boy", loosely inspired by the life of rapper Divine, has been selected as part of the Berlinale Special programme. It is set for release on February 14, 2019.
Ranveer is ecstatic about the news.
"Delighted!!! 'Gully Boy' has been selected by the Berlin International Film Festival for a special gala screening!!! Ow Oww," Ranveer tweeted.
The film, about street rappers from Mumbai, is so far among three productions which have been invited to participate in the Berlinale Special.
The 69th edition of the Berlin International Film Festival will run from February 7 to 17 next year.
As part of the Official Programme, Berlinale screens recent works by contemporary filmmakers, as well as documentaries and works with extraordinary formats.
Alongside the previously announced opening film, "The Kindness of Strangers" by Lone Scherfig, six productions and co-productions from Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, the Netherlands, Serbia, and Turkey have been invited to take part in the Competition.
Follow @news18movies for more
Recommended For You
- Cricket World Cup 2019 | Shoaib Malik & Sania Mirza Hit Back at Twitter Trolling
- Xiaomi is Making Fun of Other Android Smartphones With Notches, as it Promotes The Mi 9T
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Belatedly Gets the Oxygen OS 9.5.4 Update With Bug Fixes And Improvements
- Biker Saves Three Girls from Eve-Teasing, Shows Importance of Mounted Cams in India
- The Apple iPhone 2020 Lineup Expected to Have OLED Displays With 5G Support, Says Ming-Chi Kuo
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s