Lata Mangeshkar Skips Meeting with Amit Shah
Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar missed her meeting with Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Amit Shah on Wednesday due to her ill health.
Image: A file photo of Lata Mangeshkar
Expressing regret on missing out the opportunity to meet the BJP leader, the singer tweeted: "Today I had a meeting with BJP President Amit Shah, but since I am suffering from food poisoning, I told him I would not be able to meet this time."
"I also requested him to meet me next time he visits Mumbai," the 88-year-old singer added.
Aaj BJP ki adhyaksha mananeey @AmitShah ji se meri mulaqaat honewali thi parantu mujhe food poisoning hone ki wajah se maine unse telephone pe baat karke milne mein asamarthta vyakt ki aur agli baar jab bhi wo Mumbai aayenge tab unse milne ka nivedan kiya.— Lata Mangeshkar (@mangeshkarlata) June 6, 2018
Shah visited Mumbai on Wednesday and met Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray.
Recommended For You
- Sourav Ganguly Backs MS Dhoni to Come Good During World Cup
- Lottery Jackpot Hits Record $1.6 Billion After No Winners in Friday's Draw
- What Can App Stores do if Users Start Downvoting an App? Nothing, For The Sake of Democracy
- Netflix, Sex, Booze: Things Millennials are Ready to Give Up to Travel the World
- Pakistani Poet's Daughter has to Drive Taxi to Make Ends Meet