Lata Mangeshkar Skips Meeting with Amit Shah
Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar missed her meeting with Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Amit Shah on Wednesday due to her ill health.
Image: A file photo of Lata Mangeshkar
Expressing regret on missing out the opportunity to meet the BJP leader, the singer tweeted: "Today I had a meeting with BJP President Amit Shah, but since I am suffering from food poisoning, I told him I would not be able to meet this time."
"I also requested him to meet me next time he visits Mumbai," the 88-year-old singer added.
Aaj BJP ki adhyaksha mananeey @AmitShah ji se meri mulaqaat honewali thi parantu mujhe food poisoning hone ki wajah se maine unse telephone pe baat karke milne mein asamarthta vyakt ki aur agli baar jab bhi wo Mumbai aayenge tab unse milne ka nivedan kiya.— Lata Mangeshkar (@mangeshkarlata) June 6, 2018
Shah visited Mumbai on Wednesday and met Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray.
Recommended For You
- JioPhone to Get Facebook, YouTube, Google Maps Starting August 15
- Reliance Jio GigaFiber Pre-Bookings Start Tomorrow: Everything You Need to Know
- 'I Still Believe in Humour': For Jharkhand's 'Meme Man', Freedom of Expression Wasn't Free
- Bollywood Actor Akshay Kumar Spreads Road Safety Awareness On Independence Day 2018 - Watch Video
- Check Out the First Posters of Parineeti Chopra and Arjun Kapoor’s Namaste England