Legendary artiste David Bowie passes away at 69
He is survived by two children Duncan Jones and Alexandria 'Lexi' Zahra Jones and wife Iman.
London: British singer-songwriter David Bowie has died at the age of 69 after battling cancer for 18 months.
"David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family's privacy during their time of grief," read a statement posted on the singer's official social media accounts.
Bowie had turned 69 just two days ago. He is survived by two children Duncan Jones and Alexandria 'Lexi' Zahra Jones and wife Iman.
One of the most influence musical artistes of his generation, Bowie is known for his camelion-like qualities as a performer that often blurred the lines between genders in an illustrious career that spanned four decades.
The musician, whose full name was David Robert Jones, was born in Brixton, UK on January 8, 1947
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- IndiGo Passengers Stuck in Aerobridge for 8 Hours, Airline Blames Bad Weather for Delay
- Peeling Back the Days: The Year of the Onion – An Autobiography
- Football in Snow: Watch Real Kashmir FC Players Practice for I-League in Srinagar
- Neymar Hits FC Barcelona With Fresh Lawsuit to Demand Unpaid Wages
- WhatsApp Will Sue Businesses That Bombard Users Will Bulk Messages