Delhi Government Announces Rs 2 cr for Sindhu, Rs 1 cr to Sakshi
The Delhi government on Saturday announced Rs 2 crore cash reward to Olympics silver medallist PV Sindhu and Rs 1 crore to bronze medallist Sakshi Malik.
(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Saturday announced Rs 2 crore cash reward to Olympics silver medallist PV Sindhu and Rs 1 crore to bronze medallist Sakshi Malik.
Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia visited the parents of Sakshi in Haryana's Rohtak in the morning and announced the award for both Olympians.
He also offered promotion for Sakshi's father, Sukhbir Malik, who works as a bus conductor in Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC).
"The Deputy Chief Minister has announced Rs 2 crore cash reward to Sindhu and Rs 1 crore to Sakshi," said a senior government official.
The official said that Sisodia has also announced that Delhi government will also give Rs 4 crore each to those athletes who win gold medals in the Olympics.
Shuttler Sindhu won silver medal in badminton at Rio. She is the country's first-ever woman silver medallist in the Olympic Games.
On Wednesday, 23-year-old Sakshi ended the country's wait for a medal at the Rio Olympic Games as she bagged the bronze medal in women's wrestling in the 58 kg category, pulling off a dramatic 8-5 victory in the play-off bout.
Recommended For You
- I Did It Because I was in Love, Says Anushka Sharma on Why She Married Virat Kohli at 29
- BCCI to Invite Fresh Applications for Support Staff, Ravi Shastri Required to Re-Apply
- BFFs Suhana Khan, Ananya Panday Dance on 'Rude' Like There's No Tomorrow
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: Five Best Phones to Buy if you Love Playing PUBG Mobile
- Jofra Archer Had Predicted the Super Over Outcome in World Cup Final 6 Years Ago. Here's Proof.