Rio 2016: Discus Thrower Seema Antil Bows Out After Finishing Ninth
Adding to the gloom, discus thrower Seema Antil finished ninth in Group B qualifying round, and 20th overall, to crash out of the Rio Olympic Games on Monday.
Rio de Janeiro: Adding to the gloom, discus thrower Seema Antil finished ninth in Group B qualifying round, and 20th overall, to crash out of the Rio Olympic Games on Monday.
The Incheon Asian Games gold medalist Seema, who has a personal best of 62.62 metres, was not in her elements and her best throw came in the first attempt, a 57.58m throw, following a delayed start because of a heavy downpour.
Seema committed a foul in her next attempt before finishing with a 56.78m throw in the third and final attempt to conclude her campaign and cap another disastrous day for the athletics.
Yaime Perez of Cuba topped the group with a throw of 65.38m.
Two other Indian athletes - Srabani Nanda, in women's 200m, and triple jumper Renjith Maheshwary - had also made tame exits in the first round.
Recommended For You
- Life on Mars Could Owe Its Foundation to World's Lightest Solid, Aerogel: NASA-JPL
- Ali Fazal Catches Up with Game of Thrones Actress Nathalie Emmanuel, See Pic
- Facebook May Launch TikTok Competitor to Rope in More Users: Report
- Intercontinental Cup 2019: 18-year-old Narender Gahlot Scores as India Draw 1-1 vs Syria
- Mumbai Police Flaunts 'Khaki Swag' after #SareeTwitter Trends on Social Media