Has 'Muscular Nationalism' Resolved Any Conflict in World? Chidambaram Attacks Centre on Kashmir Move
Shah Faesal came first in the Civil Services Examination and joined the IAS. He has called the government's actions on J&K as 'the biggest betrayal', Chidambaram said in one of a series of tweets.
File photo of senior Congress leader and former Finance Minister P Chidambaram. (PTI)
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader and former home minister P Chidambaram on Thursday attacked the government over its actions on Jammu and Kashmir, asking if "muscular nationalism" has resolved any conflict in the world.
The Centre revoked Jammu and Kashmir's special status under Article 370 of the Constitution and divided it into two union territories.
Chidambaram also cited former civil servant Shah Faesal's comments on the issue to hit out at the government.
"Shah Faesal came first in the Civil Services Examination and joined the IAS. He has called the government's actions on J&K as 'the biggest betrayal'," Chidambaram said in one of a series of tweets.
If Shah Faesal thinks so, imagine what millions of ordinary people of J&K think, he said.
"Has 'muscular nationalism' resolved any conflict anywhere in the world?" Chidambaram asked.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh's Super Romantic Reply to Deepika Padukone's Comment on His Photo is Winning Hearts
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 20 Written Update: Rashami Desai, Mahira Sharma and Asim Riaz Declared Safe
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring