Amit Panghal Recommended for Arjuna Award Once Again by Boxing Federation
The Boxing Federation of India had nominated Amit Panghal for Arjuna award last year as well but he was not considering due to 2012 failed dope test.
Amit Panghal recently won a gold medal at Asian Boxing Championships. (Photo Credit: Twitter)
New Delhi: Asian Games 2018 gold medal-winning Indian boxer Amit Panghal was on Tuesday nominated for Arjuna awards by the Boxing Federation of India.
Amit, who claimed the light flyweight (49kg) category gold after defeating reigning Olympic champion Hasanboy Dusmatov of Uzbekistan in the Asiad final at Jakarta, was nominated last year as well for the second highest sporting honour after the Khel Ratna.
However, he was not considered due to a failed dope test in 2012, for which he served a one-year ban.
He started the year with a gold at Strandja memorial tournament in Bulgaria before moving up to 52kg. He clinched a gold in his new weight category in the Asian championship, beating Dusmatov again.
BFI has nominated Panghal yet again after taking into consideration his remarkable performances this year.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Rides Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 to Promote State Tourism
- 'Down to Earth': Justin Bieber Fell Off a Unicycle and Internet Had a Great Laugh
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now
- Here's How WhatsApp Dark Mode, Self-Destructing Messages Will Work