Anam Basit, Aarti Rao win gold at National Shooting Championship
The 59th National Shooting Championship on Saturday saw Anam Basit of Madhya Pradesh being crowned champion in the women s trap competition while Air India s Aarti Singh Rao claimed the women's skeet title.
Image Credit: Getty Images.
New Delhi: The 59th National Shooting Championship on Saturday saw Anam Basit of Madhya Pradesh being crowned champion in the women's trap competition while Air India s Aarti Singh Rao claimed the women's skeet title.
At the Karni Singh Shooting Range meanwhile here, Rio Olympic qualifier Chain Singh not only lead a group of five army marksmen into the final of the showpiece men s 10M air rifle event, but also ensured that the Army team won the gold in the event.
Chain will be challenged in the finals by the likes of Olympic medallist Gagan Narang of Air India and Sanjeev Rajput of Haryana in the absence of former Olympic Champion Abhinav Bindra.
It was a coup of sorts for Anam in the women s trap as she had qualified in sixth position shooting a modest 61 to just make it into the six women final. The final comprised of veteran India international trap shooters like Seema Tomar and Shagun Chowdhary apart from another India international Shreyasi Singh but it was Anam who pipped Shreyasi s challenge in the end. Rajeshwari Kumari of Punjab claimed the bronze.
Aarti Singh Rao also took full advantage of the new rules which allow finalists to begin all square and held her nerves to claim the skeet gold after qualifying in fifth position for the final.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Slays in Chic Outfit in This Stunning Photo Shoot, Ranveer Singh Takes Full Credit
- Pakistan vs New Zealand | I Hope Pakistan Can Repeat 1992 Performance: Akram
- #WATCH: Shah Rukh Khan 'Lip Syncing' His Mohabbatein Song In Chinese
- All About IAF Mirage-2000 Fighter Jet: India's Hero in Kargil War 20 Years Ago and Now at Balakot
- First Public Beta Versions of iOS 13, iPadOS and macOS Catalina Now Available: Here is How to Download Them
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s