Ashish Kumar to Lead 3-Member Indian Gymnastics Team in World Challenge Cup
India will be represented by Ashish Kumar, Rakesh Kumar Patra and Shraddha Talekar at the second World Challenge Cup Series gymnastics tournament in Croatia later this month.
Ashish Kumar won bronze medal at the floor exercise in 2010 Commonwealth Games (Photo Credit: Reuters)
A three-member team led by 2010 Asian Games bronze medallist Ashish Kumar will represent India at the second World Challenge Cup Series gymnastics tournament in Osijek, Croatia from May 23 to 26.
Besides Ashish, who won bronze medal at the floor exercise in 2010 Commonwealth Games, the Indian contingent will also have Rakesh Kumar Patra and Shraddha Talekar.
While Ashish will participate in four men's events -- floor, vault, parallel bars and horizontal bars, Rakesh will take part in three categories -- rings, parallel bars and horizontal bars.
Sharaddha will make her international debut at the second of the seven World Cup and participate in three events namely, uneven bars, beam and floor.
The gymnasts will accompanied by their personal coaches, Ashwini Samantaray, Manoj Rana and Pravin Dhage.
The World Challenge Cup is a major FIG event with a broader participation of 110 gymnasts from 30 different countries.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- You Can Now Own an Original Picasso Painting For Less Than Rs 8,000
- Parth Samthaan Denies Dating Erica Fernandes, Says 'Not Aware of These Rumours'
- Pakistani Bride Sports Jewelry Made of Tomatoes for Wedding to Call Out Skyrocketing Prices
- I-League 2019-20 Fixtures Announced: Full List of Matches
- Maneka Gandhi Sends Help Within an Hour After Journalist Tweets Photo of Injured Monkey