British Open: Joshna Chinappa Enters Pre-Quarterfinals
Joshna Chinappa defeated Millie Tomlinson 12-10, 11-3, 11-9 to book her place in the pre-quarterfinal round of the British Open Squash.
Joshna Chinappa will next face Sarah-Jane Perry in the next round. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Hull: A fighting Joshna Chinappa kept her hopes alive as the Indian entered the pre-quarterfinal round of the British Open Squash, a PSA World Tour Platinum event being held here.
Saurav Ghosal and Ramit Tandon have bowed out of the tournament, though.
Seeded 15 and down below in the draw, Joshna had a bye in the first round but did well in the next late on Tuesday when she downed English challenger girl Millie Tomlinson 12-10, 11-3, 11-9.
This is an event where some of the world's best players get to play and to progress is a big achievement. Joshna will face the sixth seeded Sarah-Jane Perry of England late on Thursday.
However, Ghosal met with an unexpected reverse after a bye in the first round, losing 11-9, 11-4, 7-11, 11-6 to fifth seeded Egyptian Karim Abdel Gawad.
Ramit was unlucky to confront the experienced James Willstrop in the very first round and lost 11-8, 11-8, 11-1.
Recommended For You
- Dostana 2 Announced! Kartik Aaryan, Janhvi Kapoor Team Up for Karan Johar's New Production
- Avengers Endgame Just Broke the Original Box Office Record of James Cameron's Avatar
- Divorced Man Ties ‘Cursed’ Wedding Ring to Fish, Says Life Has Been Great Since
- Cannot Wait for Dark Mode on WhatsApp? Here is How to Enable it on Android and iOS
- Shah Rukh Khan Rides BMW Motorcycle, Gives Safety Message to Fans - Watch Video
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s