GQ Sports Awards 2015: Rohit Sharma, Leander Paes win honours
Leander Paes, and Rohit Sharma won the major awards in the field of sports during the 2015 GQ Sports Awards ceremony in Mumbai on Monday.
Photo Credit: GQ India (Twitter @gqindia)
India’s star tennis player and 17-time Grand Slam winner, Leander Paes, and cricketer Rohit Sharma won the major awards in the field of sports during the 2015 GQ Sports Awards ceremony in Mumbai on Monday.
Rohit won the 'Sportsperson of the Year' award while Paes was given the 'Legend of the Year' award.
The 42-year-old, Paes, created history by winning the US Open mixed doubles title with Martina Hingis to become the format’s most successful male player in the Open era with nine titles - taking his total Grand Slam titles to 17.
Rohit, who won the Arjuna award this year, also holds the record for scoring two double centuries in one-day international cricket after he made 264 against Australia at M Chinnaswamy stadium in Bengaluru last year.
The GQ (Gentlemen's Quarterly), is an international monthly men's magazine which focuses on fashion, style, and culture for men. They launched their India edition in 2005 and the GQ Awards celebrates the achievements of individuals from the field of arts, sports, leisure, entertainment and several other beats.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How a Wheelchair Taxi Service is Helping Specially-Abled Voters in Mumbai Reach Poll Booths
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved
- Of Fruits and Females: Why Turkish Preacher Comparing Women to 'Peeled Apples' isn't Surprising
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069
- Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Get Samsung’s The Frame QLED Smart TV at Rs 72,000