Hima Das Wins Gold, Tajinderpal Singh Toor Bags Bronze at Poznan Athletics Grand Prix
Poznan Athletics Grand Prix: Hima Das clocked 23.65s to win the gold medal in women's 200m race.
File photo of Hima Das. (Courtesy: IAAF/Twitter)
Star Indian sprinter Hima Das won the women's 200m gold, while national record holder shot putter Tajinder Pal Singh Toor bagged a bronze in the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland.
Hime, the world junior champion and national record holder in 400m who has been struggling with a back problem for the past few months, clocked 23.65s on her way to the 200m gold.
This was Hima's first competitive 200m race of the year. She has a personal best of 23.10s, which she clocked last year.
Another Indian, V K Vismaya finished third with a personal best time of 23.75s in the race at Poznan on Tuesday night.
Asian champion Toor won the men's shot put bronze with a best effort of 19.62m. His national record while winning Asian Games gold last year stands at 20.75m.
Muhammed Anas, the 400m national record holder, was third in the men's 200m race with a timing of 20.75 seconds. K S Jeevan won the men's 400m bronze in 47.25s.
Recommended For You
- Life on Mars Could Owe Its Foundation to World's Lightest Solid, Aerogel: NASA-JPL
- Bollywood Star Taapsee Pannu Gifts Jeep Compass Worth Rs 21.34 Lakh to Sister Shagun, Shares Video on Instagram
- Pooja Batra Nails the Minimal Bride Look at Intimate Wedding with Nawwab Shah, See Pics
- Amala Paul Reacts to Ex-Husband AL Vijay’s Marriage with R Aishwarya
- TVS Young Media Racer Program 2019 Round 2: Has Anyone Seen My Footpeg?