Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar shoots 67 to be tied second at Philippine Open
Gaganjeet Bhullar made a fiery start at the $300,000 Philippine Open as he shot five-under 67 to be tied second at the Luisita Golf and Country Club on Friday.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Tarlac: Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar made a fiery start at the $300,000 Philippine Open as he shot five-under 67 to be tied second at the Luisita Golf and Country Club here on Friday.
Bhullar, a five-time winner on the Asian Tour, carded six birdies (second, fifth, eighth, ninth, 12th and 16th holes) against one bogey on the first hole without playing a practice round and hitting a single golf shot in the last two days.
He along with home favourite Miguel Tabuena, Chinnarat Phadungsil of Thailand and Korean rising star Jeunghun Wang trail leader Lindsay Renolds of Canada by a stroke.
"I didn’t play a practice round. I just walked a few holes and that’s about it. I didn’t do anything on Wednesday and Thursday and was really eager to get out there and hit some good shots which I did," Bhullar said in an Asian Tour release.
"I feel good because the golf course suits my style. I played well. Around the turn it was slightly difficult when it got breezy."
Other Indian players, Shubhankar Sharma and Khalin Joshi were tied 11th and joint 18th after scoring 69 and 70 respectively.
Himmat Rai was tied 38th following a 72, while S Chikka finished the 18 holes in the 81st place after getting two-over 74.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt Shares BTS Video of Her Moving into Her Own Home in New YouTube Vlog
- Sony WH-XB900N Review: Headphones to Buy if Your Wad of Cash Totals to Rs 16,990
- YouTube Music Now Lets Your Switch Between a Song And Its Music Video With a Single Tap
- Ab de Villiers Marks T20 Blast Debut with Scintillating Knock at Lord’s
- MG Hector SUV Bookings Suspended Temporarily, 21000 Cars Booked Till Now