National Level Athlete Dies While Taking Selfie
In a tragedy in the series of selfie deaths in India, a national level athlete died while taking a selfie on Saturday.
Image for representative purpose only. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: In a tragedy in the series of selfie deaths in India, a national level athlete died while taking a selfie on Saturday.
According to ANI, the athlete, named Puja Kumari died while taking a selfie near harvesting plant in the Sports Authority of India (SAI) academy in Bhopal on Saturday evening.
Sources said the incident took place around 6.30pm. After regular practise session, three girl athletes went near the pond situated behind the cricket ground on the SAI campus. While playing near the pond, Pooja slipped and fell in the pond.
"As Pooja did not know the swimming she started screaming for the help," said a SAI official without quoting his name. He added: "Other two athletes who was with her were also did not know swimming. They ran to the hostel for the help and came back after couple of minutes."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Brave May Just be The Coolest Privacy Focused Browser For Your Phone And Computer
- Photoshopped Image of Cricketer Smriti Mandhana with Lipstick and Fairer Skin Causes Outrage
- Best Postpaid Plan at Rs 999: Vodafone RedX vs Airtel MyPlan Infinity
- Bernardo Silva Hit With One-match Ban for Tweet on Benjamin Mendy
- Not Speaking to My Mother Was Tough: Real Kashmir FC Defender as Valley Lockdown Completes 100 Days