National Level Athlete Dies While Taking Selfie
In a tragedy in the series of selfie deaths in India, a national level athlete died while taking a selfie on Saturday.
Image for representative purpose only. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: In a tragedy in the series of selfie deaths in India, a national level athlete died while taking a selfie on Saturday.
According to ANI, the athlete, named Puja Kumari died while taking a selfie near harvesting plant in the Sports Authority of India (SAI) academy in Bhopal on Saturday evening.
Sources said the incident took place around 6.30pm. After regular practise session, three girl athletes went near the pond situated behind the cricket ground on the SAI campus. While playing near the pond, Pooja slipped and fell in the pond.
"As Pooja did not know the swimming she started screaming for the help," said a SAI official without quoting his name. He added: "Other two athletes who was with her were also did not know swimming. They ran to the hostel for the help and came back after couple of minutes."
Recommended For You
- Manisha Moun Sends Reigning Champion Packing in Boxing World Championships
- #SabarimalaForAll: Here’s What’s Buzzing in New Delhi's Ayyappa Temples
- Bigg Boss 12 Weekend Ka Vaar: Shivashish Opens Up About His Immediate Eviction, Jasleen Matharu & Sreesanth
- Demystifying Air Purifiers: Genuine Smartness is Why Dyson Pure Cool Sport Premium Price Tags
- Midnight Snack: This City Has the Most Bed Bugs in the US, Sleep Tight