Rory McIlroy named European Tour player of the year again
McIlroy has been voted the European Tour's player of the year for the third time in four seasons despite missing key tournaments through injury.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
London: Rory McIlroy has been voted the European Tour's player of the year for the third time in four seasons despite missing key tournaments through injury.
The Northern Irishman was unable to defend his British Open title at St Andrews after damaging ankle ligaments playing soccer before the Scottish Open in July.
McIlroy, a four-times major champion, ended the season in fine form, however, lifting the DP World Tour Championship in Dubai to retain his Race to Dubai title.
McIlroy, 26, also won his first tournament of 2015 -- the Dubai Desert Classic in February -- and the WGC-Cadillac Match Play in California in May.
"It is a huge honour for me to be named European Tour Golfer of the Year again,” McIlroy, ranked third in the world, told the European Tour website (www.europeantour.com).
“I feel very proud to have won this prestigious award for the third time. It is always special, no matter how often, to be recognised this way."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- This Is Why Daniel Craig Was Not 'Allowed' To Drive The Iconic James Bond Car
- Vivo Z6 5G With Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G Processor, 5,000mAh Battery Goes Official
- Gujarat Loves Sentimental Songs While It's Mushy Music For Bihar & West Bengal on Spotify
- WARNING! Update Your Google Chrome Browser Right Now; Nothing Else is as Important
- Meet the Young Girls from a Maharashtra Village Trying to Represent India in World Robotics