Tyson Says AIBA's Proposal to Allow Pros in Olympics is 'Ridiculous'
Tyson says any pro boxers going to the Olympics should be prepared to lose because the amateurs could prove too fast for them.
Beijing: Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson says a proposal to let professional fighters compete in the Rio de Janeiro Olympics is 'ridiculous' and 'foolish'.
In Beijing to promote professional boxing in China, Tyson says any pro boxers going to the Olympics should be prepared to lose because the amateurs could prove too fast for them.
Tyson says he still has strong memories of the skilled boxers from Cuba, Russia and elsewhere he fought as an amateur in the 1980s.
The head of the International Boxing Association has proposed allowing pros in the Olympics, although it's uncertain how the plan would be implemented for Rio because qualification tournaments are either underway or have already been held for boxers in most countries.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Amy Jackson Blessed with a Baby Boy, Actress Shares Adorable Family Picture
- Jon Snow Actor Kit Harington Hasn’t Watched Game of Thrones Season 8
- A Simple Case of Ear Infection Could Be the Reason Why Entire Species of Neanderthals Went Extinct
- Scientists Just Created Picture of What Our Ancient Ancestor Looked Like Using DNA
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients