Raise Income Tax Exemption Limit to Rs 8 Lakh, Demands Shiv Sena in Meeting With Piyush Goyal
Shiv Sena's Rajya Sabha MP Anil Desai said a four-member party delegation met finance minister Piyush Goyal and gave a memorandum.
File image of Shiv Sena party logo.
New Delhi: The Shiv Sena Thursday demanded that income tax exemption limit be raised from 2.5 lakh to Rs 8 lakh after the Parliament passed the bill to give 10 per cent quota to economically weaker sections.
Shiv Sena's Rajya Sabha MP Anil Desai said a four-member party delegation met finance minister Piyush Goyal and gave a memorandum stating that since the government has taken the decision of giving EWS quota to people earning up to Rs 8 lakh, income tax for this group should be waived.
The government has admitted that people in this income group are poor, so they must be exempted from paying taxes, he said.
Currently, income tax is waived for people earning up to Rs 2.5 lakh a year.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Taimur Forget Way to Pataudi Palace, Locals Catch Them for Selfies
- Salman Khan Miffed with Ranbir Kapoor's Tentative Film's Title Devil?
- Woman Sets Apartment on Fire While Trying to Burn Love Letter from Her Ex
- After Burning it Out at The Gym, Disha Patani Slays the Dance Floor with Killer Moves
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Goal