7.76 Lakh People to Decide Fate of 33 Candidates as Voting Begins for Bypolls to Four Assembly Seats in Punjab
The four assembly seats where the bypolls will be held include Phagwara (reserve), Jalalabad, Dakha and Mukerian.
Chandigarh: Polling for the bypolls to four assembly seats in Punjab began on Monday morning.
Polling began at 7 am and will continue till 6 pm, officials said. The four assembly seats where the bypolls will be held include Phagwara (reserve), Jalalabad, Dakha and Mukerian.
Around 7.76 lakh voters are eligible to decide the fate of 33 candidates. The results of the elections will be declared on October 24. Seven companies of paramilitary forces have been deployed in the four assembly segments, the official said.
A total 920 polling stations have been set up. Some polling stations in Dakha and Jalalabad have been categorised as sensitive.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lata Mangeshkar is Doing Much Better, Says Singer's Team
- Cristiano Ronaldo 1st Player to Score 9 Hat-tricks in International Football, Closes in on 100 Goals for Portugal
- Meet Duo, the Two-faced Kitten That Defied All the Odds Despite its Medical Condition
- FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Doungel Scores in Injury Time to Help India Draw With Afghanistan
- Hong Kong Open: PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap Crash Out in Second Round