81.51 Percent Voter Turnout in First Phase of Panchayat Polls in Rajasthan
Ajmer recorded a voter turnout of 80.1 per cent, Alwar 83.73 per cent and Banswara recoded 86.02 per cent polling.
Jaipur: The first phase of panchayat elections in Rajasthan has recorded a total voter turnout of 81.51 per cent, an official said on Saturday.
In the first phase, 2,690 gram panchayats of 87 panchayat samitis in 31 out of 33 districts went to poll on Friday. State Election Commissioner (SEC) P S Mehra said the highest voter turnout of 89.25 per cent was recorded in Hanumangarh district.
Ajmer recorded a voter turnout of 80.1 per cent, Alwar 83.73 per cent and Banswara recoded 86.02 per cent polling, the SEC said. Chiefs of 36 gram panchayats have already been elected unopposed.
There were 92,33,843 voters in the first phase of the elections.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Just 'Invited' the Internet to Meme His Comical Photo and Desi Fans Didn't Disappoint
- My Job is Done Before the Release of the Film, Says Sara Ali Khan Post Love Aaj Kal
- Karan Patel Becomes Highest Paid Contestant on Khatron Ke Khiladi 10
- Sara Ali Khan Reacts to Love Aaj Kal Box Opening, Karan Johar Rubbishes Student of The Year 3 Rumours
- Indians Pay More For Mobile & Broadband, if Subscriptions For Netflix And More Are Bundled