- I stand by my party, says Vishwas
- Amanatullah Khan suspended
- A look into Kumar Vishwas's life
- Kejriwal vs Vishwas
- Kumar Vishwas put forth three conditions
- Agenda of PAC Meet
- Agenda of PAC Meet
- AAP's PAC begins
- Kumar reaches Kejriwal's residence
- Sisodia's advice to Vishwas
- Vishwas to attend PAC meet
- Vishwas Hints at Breakup with Kejriwal
- PAC Meet at 11 AM
- Infighting in AAP
The rift in the Aam Aadmi Party ended on Wednesday with the leadership deciding to suspend Okhla MLA Amanatullah Khan and Kumar Vishwas being made the party in-charge of Rajasthan.
In the AAP's Political Affairs Committee meeting which lasted for three hours at Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's residence, a decision was made to give greater responsibility to Vishwas
"यदि अंधकार से लड़ने का संकल्प कोई कर लेता है— Dr Kumar Vishvas (@DrKumarVishwas) May 3, 2017
तो एक अकेला जुगनू भी सब अन्धकार हर लेता है"🇮🇳
आभार! भारत माता की जय!
The infighting in the Aam Aadmi Party has thrown Kumar Vishwas into the limelight. Here's a quick look at the life of the man Kejriwal is trying to keep happy:
- Kumar Vishwas is an active member of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). He is a well-known Hindi poet, and AAP wants to position him as a youth icon. He was born in Pilkhuwa, Ghaziabad on 10 February, 1970
- Vishwas is one of the founding members of the AAP, along with Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia
- Vishwas is a professor of Hindi literature at Lajpat Rai Post-Graduate College in Rajasthan. He did not contest the 2015 Delhi assembly elections, but took an active part in AAP's aggressive campaign
- Before and during the run-up to the Delhi elections, Vishwas delivered a number of controversial remarks that raised a lot of eyebrows and drew criticism. Eventually, the AAP registered a resounding victory winning 67 of the 70 assembly seats
- The anti-corruption movement led by Anna Hazare saw Vishwas as one of the many proponents of the movement. He was arrested on August 16, 2011 for supporting the movement
- Vishwas’ father wanted him to pursue engineering, but his passion for poetry led him to do a post-graduation degree in Hindi literature. He also holds a Ph.D in Hindi
- He has written the University Anthem or 'Kul-Geet’ of the Chaudhary Charan Singh University and regularly performs in "Kavi Sammelans" (poet meets) held all over India and abroad
ALSO READ: Brothers With Big Egos: Uneasy Relationship of Arvind Kejriwal and Kumar Vishwas
Late on Tuesday night, high-voltage midnight drama unfolded in the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) as party chief and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal reached Kumar Vishwas's residence.
ALSO READ: Sisodia Warns Vishwas Against Making Public Statements, Says it Benefits BJP
Just hours after Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Kumar Vishwas hit out at the party, even hinting at a possible exit from the party, Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia addressed Vishwas and appealed to him to talk on the "proper party forum" instead of speaking to TV cameras.
ALSO READ: Kumar Vishwas Hints at Breakup With Arvind Kejriwal After Amanatullah's Allegations
Soon after Khan's allegations, there were a series of unofficial meetings at deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia's residence on Sunday, attended by chief minister Arvind Kejriwal and senior AAP leaders Ashutosh, Gopal Rai, Sanjay Singh and several MLAs.
File photo of Arvind Kejriwal and Kumar Vishwas (Image: Reuters)
Stay tuned for live updates:
24 Mar, 2019 | Indian Premier League vs MI 213/620.0 overs /oversDelhi Capitals beat Mumbai Indians by 37 runs
24 Mar, 2019 | Sri Lanka in South Africa SA vs SL 198/220.0 overs 137/1015.4 oversSouth Africa beat Sri Lanka by 45 runs (D/L method)
24 Mar, 2019 | Pakistan and Australia in UAE PAK vs AUS 284/750.0 overs 285/247.5 oversAustralia beat Pakistan by 8 wickets
24 Mar, 2019 | Indian Premier League SRH vs KKR 181/320.0 overs 183/419.4 oversKolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 6 wickets
24 Mar, 2019 | ICC WT20 East Asia Pacific Qualifier vs PNG 56/813.0 overs 60/03.0 oversPapua New Guinea beat Vanuatu by 10 wickets