AAP Announces 109 Candidates for Delhi Civic Polls
The AAP on Friday announced the names of 109 candidates in its first list for Delhi civic body polls to be conducted in April.
File logo of Aam Aadmi Party.
New Delhi: The AAP on Friday announced the names of 109 candidates in its first list for Delhi civic body polls to be conducted in April.
"This is the first list of 109 candidates for civic polls. The selection process of the names the candidates for the remaining wards is going on. Another list will be announced soon," said Aam Aadmi Party's (AAP) Delhi Convener, Dilip Pandey.
The selection procedure for the 109 candidates continued nearly for a month. Out of 109 announced candidates, 64 are youth and 49 are women.
The names were finalised in a meeting of the party's Political Affairs Committee (PAC) at Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's residence on Thursday.
The screening committee had shortlisted the names of two-three candidates from each ward out of which PAC finalised 109 candidates.
Pandey said that the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) corrupted all the three civic bodies in the national capital.
"I hope Delhi people will this time vote for AAP and free Delhi from corruption," he added.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Hard to Find a Corner to Relax - Djokovic Concerned About 'Big Brother' Cameras
- Deepika Padukone Ranks Ahead of Shah Rukh, Salman Khan on Most Valued Indian Celebrity List
- Cardiff Striker Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Suspected Plane Crash
- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Heavily Trolled for Flaunting Holographic Outfit Copied from International Brand
- Samsung to Stop Making Flagship Phones in India, Protesting Phased Manufacturing Programme
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s