AAP Announces 109 Candidates for Delhi Civic Polls
The AAP on Friday announced the names of 109 candidates in its first list for Delhi civic body polls to be conducted in April.
File logo of Aam Aadmi Party.
New Delhi: The AAP on Friday announced the names of 109 candidates in its first list for Delhi civic body polls to be conducted in April.
"This is the first list of 109 candidates for civic polls. The selection process of the names the candidates for the remaining wards is going on. Another list will be announced soon," said Aam Aadmi Party's (AAP) Delhi Convener, Dilip Pandey.
The selection procedure for the 109 candidates continued nearly for a month. Out of 109 announced candidates, 64 are youth and 49 are women.
The names were finalised in a meeting of the party's Political Affairs Committee (PAC) at Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's residence on Thursday.
The screening committee had shortlisted the names of two-three candidates from each ward out of which PAC finalised 109 candidates.
Pandey said that the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) corrupted all the three civic bodies in the national capital.
"I hope Delhi people will this time vote for AAP and free Delhi from corruption," he added.
Recommended For You
- Viswanathan Anand Seals Blitz Title in Style by Beating Hikaru Nakamura
- Novak Djokovic Eyes Semis After Dismissing Alexander Zverev at ATP Finals
- DeepVeer Ki Shaadi: Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone are Married Now, See First Pics
- Avengers 4: Will Bucky Barnes Return with Infinity War Sequel? Here's Sebastian Stan's Answer
- Intel AI DevCon: Betting Big on Neural Compute Stick 2, And a Generous Dose of AI