AAP Leader Ashish Khetan Claims to Have Received Death Threat
AAP leader Ashish Khetan on Saturday claimed to have received a "death threat" from fringe Hindu groups, and demanded that Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh initiate action against the culprits.
File photo of Senior AAP leader Ashish Khetan.
New Delhi: AAP leader Ashish Khetan on Saturday claimed to have received a "death threat" from fringe Hindu groups, and demanded that Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh initiate action against the culprits.
Khetan said he had on May 9 received a letter stating that he had "crossed all levels" in committing sins against Hindu saints.
"It is because of you (Khetan) that Sadhvi Pragya Singh (an accused in the 2006 Malegaon blasts case) and Virendra Singh Tawde (an accused in the case of murder of rationalist Narendra Dabholkar in 2013) are in jail. People like you deserve only death punishment in a Hindu Rashtra," the letter said.
Khetan had also received a similar threat letter last year.
Reacting to this, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said this was "extremely shocking" and demanded action from the home minister.
"Ashish Khaitan receives death threat. Hope Rajnath Singh ji will take action(sic)," Kejriwal tweeted.
Khetan is the vice-chairman of the Delhi Dialogue Commission, which looks after the implementation of various polls promises made by the AAP before the 2015 Assembly polls. He had also unsuccessfully contested the 2014 Lok Sabha election from the New Delhi constituency.
Recommended For You
- Reebok FloatRide Run Flexweave Review: Learn From The Past, And Listen to What Your Sibling Tells You
- River Plate Edge Out Boca Juniors After Extra Time to Win Copa Libertadores in Madrid
- Nutella Goes Nuts as New Italian Rival Looks to 'Spread' Across Markets
- Nick Jonas' Mother Welcomes Priyanka Chopra to the Family With a Beautiful Post, See Here
- In Pics: Proud Mommy Kareena Cheers On As Taimur Wins First Medal at His School's Sports Day