AAP Govt Launched Witch-Hunt Against Officials: Shunglu Committee
The Shunglu Committee probing allegations of irregularities against the Aam Aadmi Party-led Delhi government has indicted them on several counts in its report.
New Delhi: The Shunglu Committee probing allegations of irregularities against the Aam Aadmi Party-led Delhi government has indicted them on several counts in its report.
Accessed by CNN New18, the report has said that Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Delhi government threw the rulebook out of the window.
The Shunglu Committee was formed by former Lieutenant-Governor of Delhi Najeeb Jung after several allegations of irregularities were made against the state government.
First of all, the report accuses Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain of promoting nepotism. Then, it says that the type five bungalows allotted to AAP MLAs are in violation of the law.
It further accuses the Delhi government of not taking not taking permission from the Centre before it increased salaries of MLAs four times. The report also accuses Kejriwal of conducting a witch hunt against officials who disagreed with him, throwing out any bureaucrat who disagreed with him.
Kejriwal acted against the spirit of the constitution, the report alleges.
The report further says foreign travels were undertaken without any clearance from the Delhi LG or with any valid reason.
Reacting to the newsbreak, AAP sources told CNN News18 that the Shunglu Committee itself is an illegal committee. “We don’t believe in the media reports. The matter is pending in the Supreme Court,” they said.
Recommended For You
- Who's a 'Modern Girl?' Textbook Meant For School Children Says She's 'Self-Centered and Only Cares For Fashion'
- Report Suggests 2018 Apple iPhone Pre-Orders to Start in Some Countries September 14 With a Launch on The 21st
- A Sneak Peek into Five Years of the Boldest MTV VMA Looks
- Cocktail Recipes for Monsoon Season's Perfect Night Party
- How the Western Media Dissected the News of Desi Girl Priyanka and Disney Boy Nick's Engagement