AAP to Contest All Seats in Delhi, Punjab and Haryana for 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, No Alliance with Congress
The decision was made after Amarinder Singh and Sheila Dikshit made statements opposing the alliance
Aam Aadmi Party National convenor and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: The Aam Admi Party (AAP) on Friday said it will not go for an alliance with the Congress in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, accusing the Grand Old Party of being "arrogant", and added that it will field candidates on all the parliamentary constituencies of Delhi, Punjab and Haryana.
Senior AAP leader and the party's Delhi unit convener Gopal Rai said the decision came in the wake of the recent statements of Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh and Delhi Congress chief Sheila Dikshit, opposing an alliance with the AAP.
"In the interest of the country, we were ready to drink the poison of the Congress, but the statements show that the Congress still seeps in its arrogance. The AAP will contest all the Lok Sabha seats in the three states on its own," Rai said.
He added that the names of the candidates for the Lok Sabha polls will soon be announced by the party.
Recommended For You
- Ali Fazal Catches Up with Game of Thrones Actress Nathalie Emmanuel, See Pic
- Bollywood Star Taapsee Pannu Gifts Jeep Compass Worth Rs 21.34 Lakh to Sister Shagun, Shares Video on Instagram
- Alexa on Windows 10 Will Soon Activate on Lock Screen with Microsoft's 19H2 Update
- Intercontinental Cup 2019: 18-year-old Narender Gahlot Scores as India Draw 1-1 vs Syria
- Did Netflix Just Give Out the Biggest Spoiler About Sacred Games 2 with this Cryptic Tweet?