After AIMPLB Decides to File Review Petition, Babul Supriyo Labels Owaisi 'Second Zakir Naik'
Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi had demanded that the Babri mosque be constructed again after the verdict.
File picture of Babul Supriyo.
Hyderabad: After the All India Muslims Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) took a call against historic Ayodhya verdict and decided to file a review petition, Union Minister Babul Supriyo on Sunday hit out at AIMIM Chief Asaduddin Owaisi for acting like a second Zakir Naik.
Talking to media persons in Delhi, Babul Supriyo took a dig at Owaisi for his jibe against the Ayodhya verdict.
"Asaduddin Owaisi is becoming a second Zakir Naik. If he transcends his limits, we have law and order problem in our country,” Supriyo said.
The Hyderabad MP had demanded that the Babri mosque be constructed again after the verdict. "I want my masjid back," Owaisi had tweeted on Friday.
The AIMIM chief suggested to reject the alternative piece of land measuring five acres for the construction of a mosque offered by the top court and to file a review petition at the AIMPLB meeting in Delhi.
The CJI Ranjan Gogoi-led Supreme Court bench had delivered a verdict on the decades-long Ayodhya dispute on November 9.
Indian-origin Islamic ideologue Zakir Naik now resides in Malaysia.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sonakshi Sinha's Befitting Reply to Troll Calling Her 'Salman Khan Ki Chamchi'
- Panipat Box Office Day 1: Arjun Kapoor, Kriti Sanon's Film Has a Slow Start
- 'Wish Indians were Baggage!': Twitter Hails 'Polite' Luggage That Wait for Others to Pass
- Data Protection Law Gets Closer to Reality With Stiff Penalties for Data Leaks And Breaches
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts