After Dousing Fire in Farm Field, Smriti Irani Asks Why Was Rahul Missing From Amethi
Smriti Irani's remark on Rahul Gandhi was directed at a campaign speech by Priyanka Gandhi where she had asked members of the public how many times Irani had visited Amethi.
File photo of union minister Smrit Irani
New Delhi: Union Minister Smriti Irani today hit out at Congress president Rahul Gandhi saying that he has been missing from Amethi for the past 15 years.
Her comments were directed at Congress general secretary for UP east Priyanka Gandhi who had slammed her at a public meeting for not frequenting Amethi enough to contest from the seat.
"I am happy that Mrs Vadra is counting the number of times I came to Amethi. Probably she is counting because she is unable to tell the public where was the MP missing for 15 years," Smriti Irani told news agency ANI.
The BJP leader was in Amethi today when a fire broke out in a farm field in Purab Dwara village. Irani was seen assisting in the fire fighting operations and later met the locals affected by the damage.
#WATCH Amethi: Union Minister and BJP Lok Sabha MP candidate from Amethi, visits the fire-affected fields in Purab Dwara village; meets the locals affected. Fire-fighting operations are still underway pic.twitter.com/JARKp5k2mh— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) April 28, 2019
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rhea Chakraborty Visits Blue Grotto Cave in Italy on Trip with Sushant Singh Rajput, Watch Video
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring