Bail Plea of BJP MLA Who Thrashed Civic Officials Turned Down, Transferred to Special Court in Bhopal
The sessions court reserved its order after the issue of jurisdiction came up, as there is a special fast-track court set up in Bhopal for handling cases against MPs and MLAs.
File photo of Akash Vijayvargiya
Indore: BJP MLA Akash Vijayvargiya, arrested for assaulting a municipal corporation official with a cricket bat, Thursday moved the sessions court here after the magistrate's court denied him bail.
The sessions court reserved its order after the issue of jurisdiction came up as there is a special fast-track court set up in Bhopal for handling cases against MPs and MLAs.
Akash's lawyers pleaded that though a special court has been set up for trial of cases against legislators, the sessions court can very well decide on bail pleas. The sessions court reserved its order on the issue.
Akash, son of BJP general secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya, was arrested on Wednesday after he was caught on TV cameras while assaulting the civic official while opposing demolition of an old house.
The judicial magistrate court Wednesday turned down his bail plea and sent him to judicial remand for 14 days.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 2019 is Ending But the 'Beginners' Memes are Just Starting
- Panipat Box Office Day 1: Arjun Kapoor, Kriti Sanon's Film Has a Slow Start
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Kartik-Bhumi-Ananya Promise Plenty Laughs
- 'Wish Indians were Baggage!': Twitter Hails 'Polite' Luggage That Wait for Others to Pass
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market