Agra South Election Results 2017: BJP's Yogendra Upadhyay Wins
BJP's Yogendra Upadhyay is leading in Agra South seat.
BJP's Yogendra Upadhyay has won Agra South seat.
The main candidates from Aligarh were Zulfiqar Ahmad Bhutto (BSP), Nazir Ahmed (INC) and Yogendra Upadhyaya (BJP).
Agra South is Muslim-dominated constituency. Fight between sitting BJP MLA Yogendra Upadhyaya against Congress Nazir Ahmed. Agra South constituency came into existence after the delimitation of 2008.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against Bharatiya Janata Party and Bahujan Samaj Party.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- From Slam Poets to 'Eco-Feminists', BBC's 100 Most Influential Women 2019 List Has 7 Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Awestruck by Kalki Koechlin's Six-month Pregnancy
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works
- Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2C at Rs 6499 Lands Ahead of Peak Pollution Season
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro Launched in India: Specs, Price and More