Agra South Election Results 2017: BJP's Yogendra Upadhyay Wins
BJP's Yogendra Upadhyay is leading in Agra South seat.
BJP's Yogendra Upadhyay has won Agra South seat.
The main candidates from Aligarh were Zulfiqar Ahmad Bhutto (BSP), Nazir Ahmed (INC) and Yogendra Upadhyaya (BJP).
Agra South is Muslim-dominated constituency. Fight between sitting BJP MLA Yogendra Upadhyaya against Congress Nazir Ahmed. Agra South constituency came into existence after the delimitation of 2008.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against Bharatiya Janata Party and Bahujan Samaj Party.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- YouTube No Longer a Competition to Netflix, Amazon; Cancels Expensive Hollywood Shows: Report
- Dhoni Review System: Twitter Roasts Dinesh Karthik For Wrong DRS Call in KKR vs SRH Match
- IPL 2019 | Moments When Rishabh Pant Made His Bat do the Talking
- Netflix is Flexing Its AI Muscles, With The Episode Ordering Experiment For Love, Death + Robots
- PUBG Mobile Ban: Five Incidents in India Which Indicate How Addictive The Battle Royale Game Can be
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s