Ahead of Maharashtra Polls, Amravati Assembly Constituency Gets Over 4,000 New Voters
As many as 4,135 new voters, including 1,448 women, were registered during an enrollment drive undertaken in July.
Representative image of polling. (PTI)
Amravati: More than 4,000 new voters have been added in the Amravati Assembly constituency of poll-bound Maharashtra at the end of the latest enrolment drive, an official said on Friday.
With this, the number of voters in the constituency has gone up to 3,45,597, including 1,68,089 women, Returning Officer Udaysingh Rajput said.
As many as 4,135 new voters, including 1,448 women, were registered during an enrollment drive undertaken in July, he said.
Speaking about arrangements for the October 21 polling, Rajput said 291 regular and 18 auxiliary booths will be set up.
As many as 1,550 voters will be able to cast their votes at each booth, he said.
He said seven flying squads and three stable observation squads have been constituted, while 340 polling squads comprising 1,360 staffers have been formed.
After the model code of conduct came into force last Saturday, as many as 3,805 posters, banners, hoardings and flags have been removed from buildings across the district, Rajput said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar Trolled for Seven-year-old Comments, Sonakshi Sinha Defends Him
- Indian Tourist from Maharashtra Detained in Bhutan for 'Desecrating' Holy Buddhist Chorten
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring