AIMIM MP Imtiaz Jaleel Roughed up Near Polling Booth in Aurangabad After His Party Workers Clash With NCP
There was a scuffle between workers of the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen and the Nationalist Congress Party, and when Jaleel intervened, he too was attacked by unidentified men, police said.
File photo of AIMIM MP Imtiaz Jaleel.
Aurangabad: AIMIM MP Imtiaz Jaleel received minor injuries in a clash between workers of the NCP and his party in Aurangabad Central assembly constituency in Maharashtra on Monday, the police said.
Elecions to the Maharashta Assembly were held on Monday.
The incident took place near a polling booth in Katkat Gate locality, a local police official said. There was a scuffle between workers of the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen and the Nationalist Congress Party, and when Jaleel intervened, he too was attacked by
unidentified men, said a local police official.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Rahul Khade said it was a minor scuffle, and the situation was under control.
Poll-related altercations were also reported in Lotakaranja, Harsul and Baijipura areas of the city. AIMIM's Nasir Siddiqui is pitted against NCP candiate Abdul Kadeer in Aurangabad Cental.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Review: A Lot of Style And Even More Substance
- Tik-Tok Prepares to Take On Instagram And Facebook With Shopping Links in Posts
- Jacqueline Fernandez Shares Concern over Delhi Pollution: Hope we Resolve This Crisis
- U-17 Women's Championship: Lynda Kom Stars as Lionesses Thrash Tigresses to Win Title
- Scoreboard in Brazil Shows 0.8-0 After a Goal is Scored. Here is Why