Air India Cancels Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad's Ticket. Again
Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad - who drew ire from all quarters after hitting an Air India staffer last Thursday - had booked a ticket with Air India, but it was reportedly cancelled by the airline on Tuesday.
File photo of Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad who allegedly assaulted a senior Air India official.
New Delhi: Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad - who drew ire from all quarters after hitting an Air India staffer last Thursday - had booked a ticket with Air India, but it was cancelled by the airline on Tuesday.
Sources told PTI that the MP had purchased an open ticket prior to the ban, which his staff had booked for Wednesday morning to travel from Mumbai to Delhi.
The ticket "has been cancelled", an Air India (AI) statement said.
Earlier, the Shiv Sena MP was barred from travelling on all major airlines for his unruly behaviour, a move unprecedented in India aviation history.
A day after the incident, the national carrier had cancelled a return ticket of the MP while IndiGo too had followed suit, forcing him to take a train to Maharashtra.
The MP from Maharashtra's Osmanabad, however, has continued to brazen it out and remained unapologetic about his conduct.
An FIR has been registered against him on the basis of the complaint lodged by Air India for repeatedly hitting 62-year-old Duty Manager R Sukumar with sandals on a Pune-Delhi flight after it landed. The MP was angry at not being given a business class seat though he had boarded an all-economy flight.
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies: It's Not IPL so Pressure to Perform Will be Different For WI Batsmen - Chahal
- ICC World cup 2019 | Arjun Tendulkar Helping England Prepare for Australia Challenge
- Kabir Singh Earns Rs 70.83 Crore, Shahid Kapoor 'Feels So Special' with Fan Response
- Elon Musk Says 'Occupy Mars' But Uses Picture of the Moon Instead
- ‘Cricket Not About Six Pack’: Jayawardane Uses Malinga’s Viral Image to Hail Heroics Against England
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s