Air India Cancels Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad's Ticket. Again
Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad - who drew ire from all quarters after hitting an Air India staffer last Thursday - had booked a ticket with Air India, but it was reportedly cancelled by the airline on Tuesday.
File photo of Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad who allegedly assaulted a senior Air India official.
New Delhi: Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad - who drew ire from all quarters after hitting an Air India staffer last Thursday - had booked a ticket with Air India, but it was cancelled by the airline on Tuesday.
Sources told PTI that the MP had purchased an open ticket prior to the ban, which his staff had booked for Wednesday morning to travel from Mumbai to Delhi.
The ticket "has been cancelled", an Air India (AI) statement said.
Earlier, the Shiv Sena MP was barred from travelling on all major airlines for his unruly behaviour, a move unprecedented in India aviation history.
A day after the incident, the national carrier had cancelled a return ticket of the MP while IndiGo too had followed suit, forcing him to take a train to Maharashtra.
The MP from Maharashtra's Osmanabad, however, has continued to brazen it out and remained unapologetic about his conduct.
An FIR has been registered against him on the basis of the complaint lodged by Air India for repeatedly hitting 62-year-old Duty Manager R Sukumar with sandals on a Pune-Delhi flight after it landed. The MP was angry at not being given a business class seat though he had boarded an all-economy flight.
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Midnight Snack: This City Has the Most Bed Bugs in the US, Sleep Tight
- Ranveer Singh's Father Jagjit Singh Bhavnani Welcomes Deepika Padukone in True Filmy Style
- Ranveer Singh Simmba Co-star Siddharth Jadhav: I Knew About His Excitement for the Wedding
- 1st Ducati Panigale V4 Speciale Superbike Worth Rs 51.81 Lakh Arrives in India
- Kohli, Rahul & Pant Cheer for Team India in Women's World T20