Akhilesh Yadav Expels Five SP Men, Including Shivpal Loyalists
Ramesh was the SP's Noida unit chief, while Kallu was the party's Noida Yuvjan Sabha president.
Samajwadi party leader Akhilesh Yadav. (PTI file photo).
Lucknow: SP chief Akhilesh Yadav has expelled five party leaders, including uncle Shivpal Yadav loyalist Deepak Mishra, in what is being viewed as the start of another round of feud in the Yadav family.
Former SP general secretary Mishra, ex-party spokesperson Mohammad Shahid, Rajesh Yadav of Hardoi, Ramesh Yadav and Kallu Yadav of Noida have been expelled on the directions of the SP national president for alleged anti-party activities, its state unit chief Naresh Uttam said.
Mishra and Shahid are considered close to Shivpal, who had recently announced formation of a secular front if Akhilesh did not hand over the reins of the party back to his father Mulayam Singh Yadav in three months. Ramesh was the SP's Noida unit chief, while Kallu was the party's Noida Yuvjan Sabha president.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies 2019: Kohli Needs to be Consistent in Selection: Ganguly
- Janhvi Kapoor Massively Trolled for Holding Book Upside Down at Launch Event
- BWF World Championships: PV Sindhu Beats Chen Yu Fei to Storm into Third Successive Final
- Jio Effect: Airtel May Offer Free Android STB, HD LED TV with Broadband, DTH Plans
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce