Akhilesh Yadav Expels Five SP Men, Including Shivpal Loyalists
Ramesh was the SP's Noida unit chief, while Kallu was the party's Noida Yuvjan Sabha president.
File image of SP chief Akhilesh Yadav. (Image: PTI)
Lucknow: SP chief Akhilesh Yadav has expelled five party leaders, including uncle Shivpal Yadav loyalist Deepak Mishra, in what is being viewed as the start of another round of feud in the Yadav family.
Former SP general secretary Mishra, ex-party spokesperson Mohammad Shahid, Rajesh Yadav of Hardoi, Ramesh Yadav and Kallu Yadav of Noida have been expelled on the directions of the SP national president for alleged anti-party activities, its state unit chief Naresh Uttam said.
Mishra and Shahid are considered close to Shivpal, who had recently announced formation of a secular front if Akhilesh did not hand over the reins of the party back to his father Mulayam Singh Yadav in three months. Ramesh was the SP's Noida unit chief, while Kallu was the party's Noida Yuvjan Sabha president.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- New 2019 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R to Launch Today, Watch the Live Launch Here – Video
- How a Group of Muslims are Feeding TSA as US Government Shutdown Continues For 32nd Day
- Nissan Kicks Compact SUV Launched in India for Rs 9.55 Lakh, to Rival Hyundai Creta and Mahindra XUV300
- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Heavily Trolled for Flaunting Holographic Outfit Copied from International Brand
- Samsung to Stop Making Flagship Phones in India, Protesting Phased Manufacturing Programme
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s