Akhilesh Yadav Keeps the Door Open on Anti-BJP Front, But Says No Decision Before Polls
The Samajwadi Party chief said a grand alliance will place, but the momentum for it will be built only after the polls next year.
File photo of SP chief Akhilesh Yadav.
New Delhi: Although Akhilesh Yadav is not participating in today’s mega opposition meet where top leaders will mull over forging a grand alliance to take on the BJP in the 2019 Lok Sabha polls, the Samajwadi Party chief said that a grand alliance will place, but the momentum for it will be built only after the polls next year.
“I’m certain that there will be a gathbandhan. I can assure you that it will be a good alliance, an alliance which will ensure the BJP's defeat,” he told News18.
“It’s a matter of great happiness that opposition parties are trying to unite against the BJP. Today’s meeting is in that regard. I am not there, but real efforts to unite the Opposition will take place only when elections will get over,” he said, adding, “Chandrababu Naidu is doing good work (of bringing the Opposition together).”
The mega opposition meet comes a day before the results of the Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Telangana and Mizoram Assembly polls are scheduled to be announced and the start of the Winter Session of Parliament. SP patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav is also expected to attend meet.
Asked if Mulayam Yadav is in the PM race, the SP chief seemed to be dodging the question, saying: “The country wants a new prime minister. If the BJP has no new PM face, the Opposition will come up with one after the polls.”
Recommended For You
- TVS Young Media Racer Program 2019 Round 2: Has Anyone Seen My Footpeg?
- Limited-Edition Skoda Rapid Rider Launched in India at Rs 6.99 Lakh
- Taron Egerton Denies Taking on Wolverine, Says 'Don’t Know if I'm Quite Grisly Enough'
- ICC World Cup 2019 | Rohit And Bumrah Makes It To The ICC World Cup XI
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: There is a 43-inch Samsung For Rs 28,999 And a Fire TV Stick is Bundled With it