MK Alagiri's Supporter Hacked to Death in Madurai
The victim on his way home when the gang on two bikes fatally attacked him and sped away. One of the assailants has been identified as Jothimani (32).
M K Alagiri leading his rally in Chennai. (File photo: ANI)
Madurai: A 45-year-old supporter of former Union Minister and expelled DMK leader M K Alagiri was hacked to death by a four-member gang near Palamedu in the district on Monday.
'Madurai' Veeran was on his way home when the gang on two bikes fatally attacked him and sped away, they said. One of the assailants has been identified as Jothimani (32), they said. The motive behind the attack was not known and a search was on for the other members of the gang, police said.
The elder son of late DMK patriarch Karunanidhi was once considered a party strongman controlling cadres and politics from the southern city of Madurai. He won the 2009 LS elections from the city and was Chemical and Fertilizer Minister in Manmohan Singh government.
Alagiri and his younger brother Stalin have been at loggerheads since Karunanidhi named the latter as his successor. Since then, Alagiri has never missed a chance to make clear his opposition to his brother.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shehnaaz-Rashami Compete with Sidharth-Asim on Bigg Boss, Richa Sharma Shares Pics of Kapil Sharma's Baby
- Tata Motors is Now the Safest Indian Car Manufacturer With Two 5-Star and Two 4-Star Rated Cars
- WhatsApp Dark Mode is Now Rolling Out: Here is How to Make it Work For You
- Microsoft Accidentally Exposed Data of 250 Million Users; Why Aren't We Shocked Anymore?
- Desi Queen Elizabeth's Hilarious ‘Rant’ About Meghan and Harry is Every Punjabi Mom Ever