Aligarh Election Results 2017: Sanjeev Raja Of BJP Wins
BJP's Sanjeev Raja defeated BSP's Mohd Arif and won the ALigarh seat.
BJP's Sanjeev Raja defeated BSP's Mohd Arif and won the Aligarh seat.
The main candidates from Aligarh were Mohd Arif (BSP), Zafar Alam (SP), Sanjeev Raja (BJP) and Mohd Arif is BSP candidate.
In the 2012 Uttar Pradesh assembly elections, the Samajwadi Party won this constituency convincingly by a formidable margin of 23,086 votes. Zafar Alam, the winning Samajwadi Party candidate, got 68,291 votes. The nearest contender was Ashutosh Varshney of BJP who got 45,205 votes. The voter turnout was 62.83 %.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against Bharatiya Janata Party and Bahujan Samaj Party.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor Hug Each Other, Dance to Ranveer Singh's Song from Simmba at an Event
- Metallica Just Announced its Reunion With SF Symphony After 20 Years and Fans Cannot Wait
- Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif May Come Together to Promote Urdu. Biggest Joke of 2019, Say Twitterati
- No Trophy, No Regrets as Federer Departs Indian Wells for Miami
- Xiaomi Redmi Go With Snapdragon 425, Android Go Launched for Rs 4,499
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s