Aligarh Election Results 2017: Sanjeev Raja Of BJP Wins
BJP's Sanjeev Raja defeated BSP's Mohd Arif and won the ALigarh seat.
BJP's Sanjeev Raja defeated BSP's Mohd Arif and won the Aligarh seat.
The main candidates from Aligarh were Mohd Arif (BSP), Zafar Alam (SP), Sanjeev Raja (BJP) and Mohd Arif is BSP candidate.
In the 2012 Uttar Pradesh assembly elections, the Samajwadi Party won this constituency convincingly by a formidable margin of 23,086 votes. Zafar Alam, the winning Samajwadi Party candidate, got 68,291 votes. The nearest contender was Ashutosh Varshney of BJP who got 45,205 votes. The voter turnout was 62.83 %.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against Bharatiya Janata Party and Bahujan Samaj Party.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Swanky Cars, Snazzy Hairstyles and Tattoos: The New Lifestyles of India's Kabbadi Millionaires
- Xiaomi Mi Band Launched in India at Rs 2,299, First Sale on September 19
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022
- Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched in India at Rs 11,999: Here's How it Works
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next Film on PM Modi's Youth; Akshay Kumar Unveils First Look