Ambedkar's Vision of 'Constitution Above All' Under Threat Today: Sitaram Yechury
CPI-M General Secretary Sitaram Yechury on Friday said that B.R. Ambedkar's vision of the "Constitution above all" was under threat and called upon the people to take forward his ideals.
File image of CPI(M) General Secretary Sitaram Yechury
New Delhi: CPI-M General Secretary Sitaram Yechury on Friday said that B.R. Ambedkar's vision of the "Constitution above all" was under threat and called upon the people to take forward his ideals.
"B.R. Ambedkar's vision, more than just symbolising social justice, helped create a political framework to achieve it, and that is our Constitution," Yechury said on social networking sites on the occasion of Ambedkar's 126th birth anniversary.
"That vision is under threat today. On Ambedkar's birth anniversary we must pledge to take forward the finest lessons from his struggle," he said.
"Puthandu, Vishu, Poila Boishakh, Baisakhi, Rongali Bihu, Vishuba Sankranthi ... -- one land, many festivals," Yechury wrote.
"On the day we are marking Ambedkar's birth anniversary and observing Good Friday, let us renew the pledge to cherish and strengthen our unity, protecting this diversity," added Yechury.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- "Completely Unexpected But a Dream Come True" - Markande Revels in India Call-up
- From Nick Jonas to Her Tattoo, Priyanka Chopra Answers Most Googled Questions About Her
- Avengers Endgame: Ghajini Director A.R. Murugadoss Enters Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Dev Movie Review: This Senseless Romantic Run is Sure to Pull Karthi Down
- Shortlisted 18 Players for World Cup and Their Workload Will be Monitored in IPL: Prasad
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s