Amid Drama in TN, Governor Says Happy to be Among Nobel Laureates
Maharashtra Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao, who also has additional charge of Tamil Nadu, made a fleeting reference to the situation in the southern state at a programme here.
File photo of Ch Vidyasagar Rao (PTI Photo)
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao, who also has additional charge of Tamil Nadu, made a fleeting reference to the situation in the southern state at a programme here.
"I am also in charge as a Governor of Tamil Nadu. A lot of political development is taking place in the state. The moment you put (on) TV sets in your house, Tamil Nadu news is coming and various debates are going on.
"Now and then they say where is the Governor of Tamil Nadu. And I am happy here to be with you amidst Nobel laureates," Rao said.
He was speaking after presenting honorary D.Sc. (Honoris Causa) to two Nobel laureates, namely, Jean-Marie Lehn, Professor, College de France in Paris, and Robert H Grubbs, Victor and Elizabeth Atkins Professor of Chemistry, California Institute of Technology, at the sixth annual convocation of the Institute of Chemical Technology here.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Kylie Jenner Joins Celery Juice Craze After Sister Kim Kardashian, Here's How it Benefits Your Body
- Olive's Branch: People are Adopting Trees to Help Breathe New Life into Dying Village
- Twitter Unhappy with Soundarya Rajinikanth's Honeymoon Pics, Here's Why
- Tamil Nadu Woman Becomes First Indian To Get 'No Caste, No Religion' Certificate After 9-Year-Long Battle
- AddArmor Escalade Bulletproof Vehicle Can Withstand AK-47 Bullets - Watch Video
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s